Whenever I have some leftover rice, I’ll be sure to put it in the fridge for a day or two and then I’ll make up some fried rice. It’s ideal for taking in your lunch because it’s equally delicious, cold or hot. Here are the ingredients:
Perilla leaves, Mallow, Onion, Carrot, eggs
From the regular supermarket:
Sugar, Salt, Soy Sauce, Canola Oil Sesame Oil, Garlic, Green Onions, rice
After that, it’s really easy. Just fry up the veggies in a bit of canola oil, starting with the ones that take longer to cook (ie: carrot). Pull your veggies away from the center of the pan, and scramble up the eggs. Add the rice and spices (salt/pepper/red pepper). Let your rice get heated through, as you mix everything up. Finally, add the sauce (sugar/soy sauce/sesame oil) and green onions and turn off the heat.
1. Use old rice. Fresh is too soggy
2. Make sure your egg gets cooked thoroughly before you add the rice or it will be soggy
3. You can add any veggies you want, the only mandatory ones (in my opinion) are green onion and garlic.
4. Add lots of salt and pepper and garlic for extra deliciousness.
5. Cut out the red pepper flakes if you don’t like spicy